I was a little skeptical to try golden milk, but now I drink it almost every night before going to bed. Golden milk tea is soothing, comforting and it is delicious. Golden milk main ingredient is turmeric. Turmeric posses many health benefits:
- turmeric has anti oxidant and anti inflammatory properties.
- relieves swelling and pain.
- fights free radicals that damage your skin.
- helps blood purification and liver detox
- improves digestion
- reduces bad cholesterol
- helps with sleep
- helps with weight loss
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup of cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Place turmeric and water on a pan over medium heat.
- Stir until your get a thick paste
- Reduce the heat and mix the coconut oil, the black pepper, the ginger and the cinammon
- Let the paste cool and transfer to a glass jar
- Keep paste refrigerated and it should last up to two weeks
It might sound weird to add black pepper to the preparation however pepper contains piperine a compound that helps your body absorb curcumin better.
- 1 tbsp of turmeric paste
- 1 cup of almond milk (you can use any milk you like)
- 1 tsp of raw honey
- ground cinnamon
- Mix the turmeric paste in a cup of hot nut milk.
- Add the a teaspoon of raw honey and stir
- Top your golden milk with some grounded cinnamon
Give golden milk tea a try and enjoy its benefits.