* Vochol is an art project created by the Museum of Popular Art in Mexico and the governments of Nayarit and Jalisco.
* This project aims to showcase the incredible talent and beauty of the Huichol art.
* Huichol indians live in the central Northwest of Mexico in the states of Jalisco and Nayarit.
* Huicholes are recognized for making beautiful art pieces by covering different surfaces and objects with colorful beads called “chaquira”
* In Mexico the VW sedan is called “vocho”
* The voochol was created by eight Huichol artisans.
* It took them 4600 hrs and 90 kilos of chaquira (beads) and 14 kilos of glue to cover the VW sedan (vocho)